Friday Feature: Ivan


Who are you and what do you do?
Ivan – Intern Architect

What made you decide to go into your field?
I love to design.

What did your family think of your chosen field?
They were happy I chose something that makes me happy.

Who is the teacher who had the most influence on you and why?
He taught me to question everything.

What was the biggest hurdle you faced along your educational path? (academic, financial, motivational, family or peer pressure, outside distraction, etc.)
Learning how to write, again.

What inspires you?
Everything.

What schooling is required for success in your career?
Experience.

What kind of people are the most successful in your field? Are there any specific attributes?
That depends on how you define success. Money? Fame? Making clients happy? Making the world a better place? There are many examples of each, but they all share the same kind of drive.

Is your field growing? (ie. is there room for new entries and is there career growth?)
I don’t know. I guess Schools of Architecture are probably just as busy as when I graduated.

What advice would you give someone considering a career like yours?
Architecture is a vast field. Someone considering making architecture a career should understand what it takes to achieve what they are looking for, then find the most suitable path.